Saturday, April 25, 2009

home

Jared has Aimee until tomorrow. I miss her. I spent a long time visiting Chase tonight. He really held it together while I was there. Before I got there, he had to be held in the quiet room on a time out twice. Not where the door was shut, but it was a really rough day for him. I want him home this week. I am going to try to get him home on tuesday. He isn't really doing any better or worse while he's in there. He would be better at home, with his family.

Once he comes home, he will be evaluated the next day or so by the AB3632 county mental health lady. I have been told that his case will be opened immedietly and services put in place ASAP. The Mobile Response Team (MRT) will be available to us right away, which takes a huge burden off of my shoulders. During a rage or crisis, I can call the MRT and they will come to the house to help, talk etc. Chase also has the option of calling them if he feels like he's going to "lose it." I think it will be a good tool for us.

I'm not sure why, but on nights when I'm not working I tend to fall apart between 7-9pm. Maybe I'm just tired and all of the days stress finally settles on my shoulders. 7pm is when Aimee goes to sleep. If Chase was home, we'd be finishing up homework and then curled up on the couch watching Spongebob until 8pm. Then Chase would go to bed and I would relax, clean up and get ready for bed. Without Chase, my routine is thrown off and I don't feel complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment