First things First.... As of today, I am officially divorced according to the state. The last 6 months have gone by so fast. There is other stuff that I have to say on this subject, but I've got to censor myself since this is supposed to be about Chase, not me.
Other stuff:
-I really like Chase's social worker from the hospital. Her name is Julie and she has a fantastic accent. Its something from Europe but not French, Spanish or British. She calls me everyday and answers all of the questions I have.
-The hospital only has 6 kids and the same amount of staff as the other hospital. Thats good for Chase.
-Chase can call me whenever he wants (except during groups or therapy)
-Chase has his own room. At John Muir, he had multiple peer conflicts with his roommates, partially due to the fact that he was so much younger than the other children.
-The doctors listen to my concerns and take them seriously. They have already significantly decreased Chase's meds.
-In the next week or so, he will be having psychological and neurological testing. That way we will have a more complete picture of what is going on in Chase's brain. John Muir never offered this to us.
-Overall, he is behaving better this time. Of course it could be based on the fact that he knows what to expect and that he is rewarded for good behavior.
I feel good about this hospitalization. I see the last experience in the hospital as a sort of crisis intervention. This time, we know what the problems are, we know what the plan is to help Chase and we have a plan in place for when he comes home.
Time for me to start getting stuff done around here before I meet with his intensive outpatient doc this afternoon....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Great news about the testing! You, Aimee, and Chase remain in my thoughts and prayers each day. Sounds like he is doing well in there so far. I know how hard this has to be for you, but you are amazing. Honestly when Elijah was put in the hospital while Chase was in for the first time I looked up to you. You were like my idol. I figured you were so strong, and I could be too. You are an amazing mother and I hope that when he comes home you will have more peace. I pray that they will be able to find out what goes on in his little brain and help him better this time so he can be happy and live in peace. Take care of yourself too... Hope to talk soon.
ReplyDeleteYour friend from a distance,
Janice
I love this hospital too. They call you? What a relief that must be. Everything sounds wondermous as far as phosps go. Yay!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the Divorce!
Lovessss,
Kathy