Time for my usual "middle of the night" post.....
Aimee had her last day of Vacation Bible School. She had a blast. After VBS we went to the park but didn't stay long because even the play equipment was hot!
I spent the day with my dad. No real conversation, just more hallucinations.
Then we came home and relaxed until Jared picked her up for the weekend.
Then off to visit Chase. I brought him a Star Wars puzzle (100 pieces). He worked the entire puzzle while I sat with him. We talked about things like his medicine, behavior, birthday party, Aimee, and towards the end of the visit...grandpa.
He asked about grandpa. I told him that grandpa can't get out of bed still and is having a really hard time. He told me that when grandpa dies, he'll be in heaven and it will be better. Then he asked to change the subject because he didn't feel like crying.
Oh and Chase might be coming home from the hospital on sunday.
I got an email from Sarah (the one from 20/20). I guess 20/20 dropped the entire segment when we dropped out. Oh well....video of Chase in the seclusion room is NOT going to be on national TV. But she wanted me to know that she is working on an independent film regarding childhood bipolar. She said that there would be a lot more interviews, daily routines etc. There is no pressure from the 20/20 people to make it "very dramatic." She just wants it to be real and has agreed to have no footage from his hospitalizations. No decisions made on my part. She will call me after work to "sell" it to me. We shall see. I DO think that the word needs to get out that these children are sick and not just bad kids. I just want to be sure it is done in a way that will not harm my son emotionally.
Ok I guess I should get to sleep. Again. I get up for work in 3 hours.
Saturday, June 27, 2009
film
Labels:
Chase,
daddy,
family,
hallucinations,
hospital,
independent film,
Just Me,
medication,
sleep,
work
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment