Friday, June 19, 2009

hospice

Chase is at the hospital. The one that he was in during his last "stay." Once again changing meds. They are likely going to discontinue the thorazine and abilify, and add zyprexa. So he would be on Clonidine and Zyprexa. We shall see....

My dad is a fighter. After a few days of constant hallucinations, he had a great morning. He was awake with me for about 2 hours. We were talking about his neighbors, boats that were sold in the neighborhood, my kiddos, my job, my brother, my mom, pooping, etc. He knew who I was the whole time. Before I left, I leaned over him for a hug and he hugged me back and rubbed my arm. I know that sounds lame, but things like that are what make my dad special. He is not afraid to show emotion. Love, sadness, happiness, and especially anger. lol.

The hospice nurse was there when I was with my dad. She took his blood pressure and pulse. She wrote it down but didn't show it to us or even mention it. Makes me wonder... He is also off all meds that aren't for pain management, or for pooping. His heart is failing and his cancer is spreading. All of those sorts of things are making this so real to me.

Aimee had another great day at preschool. When I picked her up, her hair was a mess. It WAS in pigtails, but she took the hairties out and her hair was still in the shape of the pigtails. Too bad I didn't have my camera handy.

I'm going to take some Ambien tonight. You will know that it helped if I'm not writing a random post in the middle of the night....

No comments:

Post a Comment