Chase had ANOTHER rough day at school, but nothing real violent (an improvement.) Due to his nasty cold, the bus brought him straight home.
Not feeling good, Chase curled up on the couch with me and we watched TV for a while. This is where the story gets creepy.....
He leaned to the other side of the couch and I could see that something was wrong. I asked if he was okay and he wouldn't answer me. I noticed he was shaking and no longer looking at the TV. He actually wasn't looking at anything, his face was just blank.
Finally he looked at me and said, "The voices are telling me to kill you and then to kill myself." His fists were clenched and he didn't even blink. He didn't move while I called his psychiatrist.
Once again, I was given the usual two options:
1. Bring Chase back to the hospital.
2. Do my best to keep Chase safe at home.
I chose option #2. I don't work tomorrow, so I will be able to stay with Chase. There aren't a lot of medication possiblities left right now. So therapy, behavior modification and a ton of love are the only hope that we have to get Chase through this right now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Ohhhh, that must have been horrifying for you. I am so sorry. Part of that sounds like a seizure or is that normal when having command voices?
ReplyDeleteI know you have the love to get him through this sweetheart....
Big Hug